‘Jyoti Punj’: Modi’s tribute to SanghApril 15th, 2008 - 8:41 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, April 15 (IANS) Continuing his penmanship, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has authored a new book offering glimpses of his journey from an ordinary worker of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) to a full-time functionary as “pracharak”. “Jyoti Punj” is not merely a book but a reflection of the immense experience of one who has been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh traditions, said RSS Sah-karyavahak Mohanrao Bhagvat, releasing Modi’s ninth offering Monday.
Bhagvat said: “Today, the Sangh has been transformed into a powerful organisation, thanks to its ideology and traditions. We need to be vigilant and ensure that there is no deviation from its stated goals.”
Published by Pravin Publishers of Rajkot, the book also narrates the lives and times of 16 Sangh ‘Pracharaks’ and their sacrifices.
Addressing the gathering, Modi described “Jyoti Punj” as “a tribute emanating from my inner emotional self for the Sangh, for its values”.
He hoped “Jyoti Punj” will debunk many myths about the Sangh. The book reflects extraordinary works of ordinary people, he said.
The ceremony was also attended by Sadhvi Ritambhara who praised the literary work and the emotions expressed in the book.
- Sadhvi Ritambhara an old friend: Ramdev - Jun 04, 2011
- BJP, RSS remote controlling Ramdev: Congress (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Modi thanks Hazare for praise - Apr 11, 2011
- RSS apex body meets in Puttur in Karnataka - Mar 11, 2011
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- Don't go for power 'at any cost', says Rajnath - Jun 09, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- RSS, BJP deny differences on Advani yatra - Sep 21, 2011
- RSS mouthpiece slams Modi - Jun 02, 2012
- Advani is emotive as Rajnath calls him PM material (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- Rajasthan ATS files 806-page chargesheet in 2007 Ajmer blast case - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS chief to address 20,000 swayamsevaks in Bihar - Dec 24, 2009
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- RSS workers at Ramlila ground - Jun 04, 2011
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: chief minister, emotional self, emotions, full time, glimpses, gujarat, immense experience, jyoti, myths, narendra modi, ordinary people, organisation thanks, penmanship, publishers, punj, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, reflection, sacrifices, traditions, tribute