Justice after nine years, says MayawatiJuly 6th, 2012 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Welcoming the Supreme Court decision to quash an old case of illegal wealth against her, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati said that she has got justice after nine years.
“I welcome the Supreme Court decision and I would like to pay my thanks to honourable Supreme Court for showing faith in us and giving the right decision… It was justice after nine years,” Mayawati told reporters here.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati also thanked her party members that stood by her like a “hard rock” and supported her.
“I wholeheartedly thank all my party members. My party members stood like a hard rock beside me and never left me in any of the circumstances and backed me during this case even after facing lots of ups and downs since 9-10 years,” she said.
The Supreme Court Friday quashed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against Mayawati in a corruption case stemming from the Taj Corridor case and related to amassing assets disproportionate to her income.
Quashing the first information report (FIR), a bench headed by Justice P. Sathasivam described the filing of another FIR against Mayawati in the disproportionate assets case as illegal and without jurisdiction.
Pronouncing the judgment, Justice Sathasivam said: “Supreme Court being the custodian of the fundamental rights could not have ordered a roving inquiry against the petitioner (Mayawati).”
- Justice has been done, says Mayawati (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- CBI committed errors in case against Mayawati: SP - Jul 06, 2012
- Boost for Mayawati as SC slams CBI on graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case - May 01, 2012
- No pressure on us in Mayawati case, CBI tells court - Aug 27, 2010
- FIR in disproportionate assets case illegal: Mayawati - Apr 21, 2010
- Court quashes bribery case against Yeddyurappa (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Court frowns on adjournments in Mayawati assets' case - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, corruption case, fir, fundamental rights, information report, lucknow, nine years, old case, party members, petitioner, right decision, samaj, supreme court decision, ups, ups and downs, uttar pradesh chief minister mayawati