Judicial panel to probe Himachal land transactionsJune 13th, 2011 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 13 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government Monday set up a one-man judicial commission to look into allegations of illegal land transactions made by the opposition Congress.
Justice D.P. Sood, a former judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court, will inquire into the issues relating to ‘benami’ (proxy) land transactions in the state since 2003, said an official statement quoting Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
The statement said the commission will submit its report within six months.
It will inquire into issues relating to ‘benami’ land transactions in violation of Section 118 of the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms Act of 1972 that allows only permanent residents of the state to buy land. Others who want to purchase land for non-agricultural purposes have to seek permission from the government.
The commission will also inquire into all clearances given to realtors.
The Congress alleged that top political functionaries in the state were involved in illegal property transactions and were promoting realtors.
Assembly proceedings were disrupted March 18 by the Congress over an infrastructure company allegedly felling trees in a forested area in Shimla for developing cottages.
It also questioned the government on the permission granted to another company for setting up a housing project in the resort town of Kasauli in Solan district.
- Delay in flat transfer hits Himachal real estate - Sep 02, 2012
- Allow resale of commercial land only in rare cases: Himachal panel - Apr 25, 2012
- Buying dream cottage in Himachal may get tougher - Apr 11, 2012
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Committee to review Himachal land laws: Dhumal - May 04, 2011
- BJP rulers in illegal property deals in Himachal: Virabhadra - Apr 02, 2011
- Himachal government promoting realtors: Congress - May 14, 2011
- Congress disrupts Himachal assembly over tree cutting - Mar 18, 2011
- Himachal to make law for confiscation of illegal property - Apr 08, 2011
- Himachal assembly panel to review realty norms - Apr 06, 2011
- No violations by private realtor in Shimla: Dhumal - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Himachal on Sale' say BJP, Congress (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 14, 2012
- Himachal freezes property transactions - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Builders destroying Himachal's ecology' - Apr 22, 2012
- Elite Dalhousie school in trouble over land deal (Lead) - May 14, 2012
Tags: agricultural purposes, allegations, assembly proceedings, chief minister, felling trees, forested area, himachal pradesh government, housing project, infrastructure company, judicial commission, judicial panel, kasauli, land reforms, land transactions, opposition congress, permanent residents, property transactions, realtors, six months