Judicial delays to blame for failure to resolve Ayodhya dispute: BJPSeptember 24th, 2010 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Friday blamed judicial delays in the last 61 years for the failure to resolve the Ayodhya dispute, but hoped the issue will be sorted out soon.
“The BJP is of the considered opinion that judicial delays over the last 61 years have contributed to the failure of the resolution of the issue of construction of a Ram temple at Ayodhya. We hope that resolution of this issue is not delayed any further,” BJP leader Arun Jaitley told reporters here. His comments came a day after the Supreme Court ordered an interim stay on the pronouncement of the Ayodhya verdict by the Allahabad High Court.
Meanwhile, a meeting of senior party leaders including Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, and former party chiefs Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh and M. Venkaiah Naidu was held at party president Nitin Gadkari’s residence here. Senior party leader S.S. Ahluwalia was also present.
Jaitley said senior party leader L.K. Advani did not attend the meeting as he was leaving for Somnath temple in Gujarat.
Advani visits the Somanth temple, from where he had started his rath yatra in 1990, every year on Sep 25, said a BJP leader.
- Jan Chetna Yatra is Advani's sixth rath yatra - Oct 11, 2011
- BJP delegation meets president to discuss Lokpal bill (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Modi meets Advani, Vajpayee - Jun 01, 2012
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- BJP leaders meet president on 'parliament subversion' (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Ayodhya judgement new chapter for national unity: Advani (Lead) - Sep 30, 2010
- Advani to launch 'yatra' against graft - Sep 08, 2011
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- Ayodhya ruling recognises belief on Ram's birthplace: Advani - Oct 03, 2010
- Advani urges Supreme Court to allow Ayodhya judgment - Sep 25, 2010
- Jaitley files defamation suit against Anshuman Mishra - Mar 26, 2012
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- BJP national executive meet begins - Jun 12, 2010
- BJP declines comment on talk of Uma Bharti's return - Sep 25, 2010
- BJP to launch campaign against Mayawati - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: ahluwalia, allahabad high court, ayodhya dispute, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, l k advani, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, murli manohar joshi, nitin, party chiefs, party leader, party leaders, party president, pronouncement, rajnath singh, ram temple, rath yatra, sushma swaraj, venkaiah naidu