Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extendedJanuary 25th, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 25 (IANS) A city court Wednesday extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G. Janardhana Reddy and three other accused in the illegal mining case till Feb 8.
The special court dealing with the CBI cases extended the remand of the accused including Janardhana Reddy’s brother-in-law B.V. Srinivasa Reddy, Indian Administrative Service officer Y. Srilakshmi and former mines director V.D. Rajagopal.
The judge heard Janardhana Reddy and Srinivasa Reddy through a video link from Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The CBI presented Srilakshmi and Rajagopal in the court as their custody ended Wednesday.
The investigating agency had arrested Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law in Bellary town of Karnataka on Sep 5 last year.
The arrests were made in connection with the illegal mining case against Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) owned by Janardhana Reddy. The case was booked in 2009 for illegal mining of iron ore in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Rajagopal, former managing director of the state-owned Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), was arrested in November. Srilakshmi, who was secretary industries incharge of mines when OMC was granted lease for mining, was arrested in December.
The two officers had allegedly favoured OMC in violation of norms.
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- Andhra court cancels IAS officer's bail in mining case - Jan 02, 2012
- CBI nabs Andhra official in illegal mining case - Nov 28, 2011
- Janardhan Reddy gets bail in mining case in Andhra (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Ex-Andhra official jailed in illegal mining case - Nov 21, 2011
- CBI files additional chargesheet in Obulapuram case - Mar 30, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Reddy in illegal mining case - Dec 03, 2011
- Ex-official sent to CBI custody in illegal mining case - Nov 14, 2011
- Illegal mining: Court gives bail to ex-official, stays order - Dec 15, 2011
- Illegal mining: Andhra woman official moves Supreme Court - Jan 04, 2012
- Andhra high court cancels ex-official's bail in mining case - Dec 26, 2011
- CBI questions Andhra home minister in mining scam - Oct 29, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea dismissed yet again - Jan 31, 2012
- Woman IAS officer sent to judicial custody - Nov 29, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's judicial custody extended till Nov 14 - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: administrative service officer, brother, cbi, central jail, incharge, indian administrative service, investigating agency, iron ore, judicial custody, karnataka minister, managing director, mineral development, mining company, norms, remand, srinivasa, video link