Jubilation in NDA camp, gloom in RJD and CongressNovember 24th, 2010 - 11:49 am ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 24 (IANS) Jubilant supporters burst firecrackers and distributed sweets here Wednesday as Bihar’s ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was poised to retain power for another five years.
“We are happy and celebrating,” Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sanjay Jha told IANS here as the votes were counted for the six-phased election.
“Nitish Kumar will again form the government and he will be the chief minister again,” said another BJP leader, Griraj Singh.
JD-U activists raised slogans hailing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and clapped at the party headquarters in Patna.
There was gloom and a sense of disbelief in the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) camp.
“It seems we are not doing as well as expected,” said party leader Ghulam Gaush, who is close to party chief Lalu Prasad.
With the Congress set to be routed, its leaders were tightlipped. “Let us wait for all the results,” its Dhananjay Sharma said.
- Puja and polls: Nitish's family prays, Lalu helps Rabri with rituals - Oct 13, 2010
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- JD-U and BJP sweep Bihar, RJD and Congress humiliated (Fourth Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish hits poll trail on Diwali, rivals in festive spirit - Nov 05, 2010
- NDA won't win in Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 20, 2010
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish set to take oath, thousands pour in - Nov 26, 2010
- Lalu Prasad loyalist leaves RJD - Jul 22, 2011
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: activists, bihar, burst, chief minister, disbelief, firecrackers, ghulam, gloom, jd, jubilant supporters, jubilation, lalu prasad, national democratic alliance, party headquarters, party leader, patna, rjd, sanjay jha, slogans, sweets