JP Industries to fund medical college in Himachal PradeshNovember 5th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Nov 5 (IANS) The ‘dream project’ of former union minister Shanta Kumar to set up a super-specialty hospital and medical college in his hometown was fulfilled when the state government Wednesday cleared the project.A memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up the hospital and medical college in Palampur in Kangra district was signed among the state government, the Vivekananda Medical Research Trust and the Jai Prakash Sewa Sansthan, a charitable wing of private company JP Industries.
The charitable wing will bear the entire cost of constructing the hospital, and the medical and nursing college.
Shanta Kumar said: “The project faced a number of problems since its inception in 1991. So I took the help of the JP’s charitable wing in completing the project.”
Shanta Kumar said that “it was a great moment for me personally to see this project on the path to completion with the help of the Sewa Sansthan and Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal”.
- Shanta Kumar's trust-run hospital opens in Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Dalai Lama uses donations to fund hospital - Feb 05, 2011
- Super-speciality hospital to come up in Himachal - Nov 23, 2010
- Super specialty hospital coming up in Assam - Jun 11, 2012
- BJP in damage control mode after rebels form new outfit (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 12, 2012
- Gadkari steps in again to paper over BJP in-fighting (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 10, 2012
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.115 crore project for AIIMS-like hospital - Apr 30, 2010
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Himachal chief minister admitted to Delhi hospital - Jun 04, 2011
- Khimi Ram to remain Himachal BJP chief (Lead) - Feb 02, 2010
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Yash Birla to develop sports university near Hyderabad - Jan 12, 2012
- Shutdown hits Himachal, chief minister walks to office (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- A chequered first year in office for Himachal chief minister - Dec 30, 2008
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012