Joshi-Modi poster war reaches JaipurJune 29th, 2012 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 29 (IANS) The poster war between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his arch-rival Sanjay Joshi reached Jaipur Friday.
One of the posters appeared mysteriously outside the gates of the BJP state headquarters in the C-Scheme area here. However, it was taken off by the BJP workers.
The multi-colour posters had a large image of Joshi. The poster read: “Pahle Joshi, Phir Modi.” (First Joshi, then Modi).
Sources said that the posters were put up late in the night.
The BJP state office-bearer evaded questions about who put up the posters.
“I am not aware of any such posters as I am out of state,” BJP’s state president Arun Chaturvedi told IANS.
Modi and Joshi have been at loggerheads for years. Modi stayed away from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh this year after Gadkari made Joshi one of the key persons in the state’s assembly election campaign.
Both Modi and Joshi have strong ties with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
Joshi recently quit the BJP.
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Don't put up posters attacking BJP: Sanjay Joshi - Jun 17, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit - Jun 05, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi, Modi's foe, quits BJP (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- RSS apex body meets in Puttur in Karnataka - Mar 11, 2011
- Joshi vs Modi: no clear winner in tangled BJP web (Comment) - Jun 09, 2012
- RSS mouthpiece slams Modi - Jun 02, 2012
- Don't go for power 'at any cost', says Rajnath - Jun 09, 2012
- Sex, lies and videotape hit BJP (Comment) - Feb 11, 2012
- Modi trying to divert attention from BJP rift: Congress - Jun 11, 2012
- BJP to campaign for Sangma - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: arch rival, arun, assembly election campaign, bjp, campaigning, chaturvedi, chief minister, colour posters, gates, gujarat, june 29, loggerheads, narendra modi, office bearer, poster war, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, sanjay joshi, state headquarters, state president, uttar pradesh