John McCain endorses Mitt RomneyJanuary 5th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Jan 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mitt Romney’s campaign for the White House received a massive boost when former Republican presidential candidate Senator John McCain gave him his endorsement.
At a rally in New Hampshire on Wednesday, The 2008 Republican Presidential candidate told the court that, “It’s with some nostalgia that I return to this place that I loved so well. But I’m really here for one reason and one reason only, and that is to make sure that we make Mitt Romney the next president of the United States of America.”
The endorsement came just a day after Romney celebrated a narrow win during the Iowa caucus. The race for the GOP ticket is currently seen as a two horse race between Romney and Rick Santorum. The result from Iowa was both shocking as it was motivating for the camp of Santorum.
Santorum has always been at the back of the pack as far as the GOP race is concerned. He however saw his campaign gain momentum at the right time in the contest.
Romney and McCain should know themselves well. in 2008, the two contested to get the chance to represent the GOP in the US presidential race. Romney eventually dropped out of the race and endorsed McCain.
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine now denies endorsing Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- Super Tuesday seems to have lost its sheen - Mar 06, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
- Michele Bachmann ends White House bid - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney pads up lead as Santorum wins Kansas - Mar 11, 2012
- Romney, Santorum face showdown in Obama's home state - Mar 20, 2012
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: endorsement, gain momentum, gop, gop race, gop ticket, horse race, iowa caucus, john mccain, mitt romney, nostalgia, president of the united states, president of the united states of america, rally, republican presidential candidate, rick santorum, right time, senator john mccain, states of america, united states of america, us presidential race