John Kerry gets a broken nose while playing hockeyJanuary 26th, 2012 - 12:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sen. John Kerry took quite some blows to his face when he decided to take part in a hockey game. The 68-year-old Massachusetts Democrat lawmaker was seen with two black eyes and a broken nose on Wednesday.
His office explained that the senator got the injuries when he decided to take part in a hockey game with friends and family. The first official reason for the injuries to Kerry failed to state how he came up with such severe injuries, especially to the face.
However, the office came up later with more details on what actually happened. The officials explained that Kerry fell on a puck while he was fighting for possession. He suffered the injuries as a result of the fall.
This is not the first time that Kerry has entered the treatment room because while playing hockey. Kerry underwent a knee surgery in 2005 and later had another surgery in 2009 on the hip. All the surgeries were blamed on hockey play accidents. The injuries go way back before he entered Congress. The Washington Post announced that Kerry had a jaw surgery when he crashed into a goal post.
- Indian doctors cure Iraqi's 15-year-old 'curse' - Feb 01, 2012
- Human hockey puck sues organisers - Aug 10, 2012
- Ashes-winning heroics in 2009 finished me: Flintoff - Mar 17, 2011
- Patient swallows syringe, seeks fine from hospital - Apr 23, 2012
- Barcelona's Alves to miss cup final with broken collar-bone - May 17, 2012
- How men and women play soccer differently - Sep 02, 2010
- Hockey fan refused $50,000 for his charity shot - Feb 18, 2011
- Jagathy recovering well post surgery - Mar 14, 2012
- Berlusconi undergoes op to repair face damage following Milan attack - Mar 08, 2011
- Former Cuban pitcher Norge Luis Vera injured in traffic accident - Dec 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh couple create new record for arthritic surgery - May 23, 2012
- Clarke to miss ODI against Sri Lanka - Feb 13, 2012
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- The cost of getting a new nose in Asia (The Funny Side) - Aug 10, 2012
- Ben Roethlisberger Undergoes Surgery To Fix Broken Nose - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: accidents, black eyes, broken nose, congress, friends and family, goal post, hockey game, jaw surgery, john kerry, knee surgery, lawmaker, massachusetts democrat, possession, puck, sen john kerry, surgeries, washington post