‘Joe The Plumber’ Elected To Party Office In OhioMay 6th, 2010 - 10:43 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Samuel “Joe” Wurzelbacher, otherwise known as ‘Joe The Plumber’ has plunged headfirst into party politics, after being hailed by Republican John McCain’s campaign for president in 2008. He has won a seat in the local Republican Party committee in Lucas County Ohio, out of the nearly 400 seats available. The purpose of this committee is to meet a few times a year to elect a country chairman, and set the party’s agenda. He won his seat by a 39-24 vote on Tuesday in the suburban precinct of Toledo.
‘Joe the Plumber’ became an overnight sensation across the country two years ago. He questioned Barack Obama (who was just a senator at the time) on his campaign trail about his economic policies. John McCain repeatedly used “Joe The Plumber” in a debate with Obama, and Joe quickly became the GOP’s example for middle class American worker whose life would be damaged if Obama were to be elected president. We can’t say we weren’t warned.
“Joe the Plumber” aka Sam Wurzelbacher has written a book since them, spoken at many conservative gatherings, and went to the Gaza strip to become a war correspondent for several weeks. So far he has resisted the public’s cry for him to run for Congress and has had criticism for Democrats and Republicans alike. He also accused McCain of ‘using him’.
‘Joe’ drew the applause of a group of tea partyers last month when he spoke out on some of the issues plaguing the country. He told the crowd not to let “a bunch of liberal pansies” take away their rights. Will this controversial entity go further with his political career? We’ll just have to wait and see.
- 'Joe the Plumber' wins seat on Ohio GOP committee - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe The Plumber' Elected To The Republican Party Committee Of The Lucas County In Ohio - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe the plumber' elected as an official in Ohio - May 06, 2010
- Joe The Plumber Elected! - May 06, 2010
- 'Joe the Plumber' Democratically Elected As Local Republican Party Delegate In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- `Joe the Plumber' now says Senator McCain ruined his life - Feb 16, 2010
- McCain's daughter says ` Joe the Plumber' is a `dumbass'! - Jul 17, 2009
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- "Joe The Plumber" Elected In Ohio - May 08, 2010
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- J. D. Hayworth challenges John McCain in his reelection battle - Feb 16, 2010
- US must support India's Security Council bid: McCain (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: applause, barack obama, campaign trail, democrats and republicans, economic policies, gatherings, gaza strip, gop, john mccain, lucas county ohio, overnight sensation, pansies, party committee, party politics, plumber, political career, president in 2008, republican john mccain, republican party, war correspondent