Joe Miller Scores Over Alaska Senator Lisa MurkowskiSeptember 1st, 2010 - 6:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lisa Murkowski the Senator from Alaska has been defeated by Joe Miller the Republican primary challenger and with this she became the newest candidate to be trounced by a newcomer supported by the Tea party. Joe Miller who is known by fewer people in the US political circle got the backing of Sarah Palin the governor of Alaska. As everyone knows the tea party movement is an assembly of voters trying to rein in government spending, debt and taxes. Lisa Murkowski pinned her hopes on over 15000 absentee ballots but her hopes turned to be futile. She got some hundred votes but could not even come close to her rival and at the end she was left behind by more than 1600 votes.
The political veterans are of the opinion that Lisa Murkowski did not take her rival Joe Miller seriously at all and she end up paying the price for it. She managed to raise much more funding than Joe Miller but did not resort to negative political ads. The experts are also saying that she should have been aware of the fact that the existing election season is not good for the incumbents. She failed to gauge the mood of the public and that brought her down in the race.
The Tea Party Express political action committee spent money in ad campaigns for Joe Miller and he lashed out at Lisa Murkowski for supporting the disputed federal government bank bailout in 2008. The support of Sarah Palin proved to be the main strength for Joe Miller. The Tea Party supporters are naturally jubilant.
- Lisa Murkowski Has Incredibly Won A Senatorial Election From Alaska - Nov 18, 2010
- Media Announces Lisa Murkowski As The Winner - Nov 18, 2010
- Palin's hubby's e-mail attack on Tea Party candidate for doubting her presidential credentials - Oct 07, 2010
- Alaska senator not to support Palin's 2012 US Prez bid as she lacks 'intellectual curiosity' - Nov 16, 2010
- Sarah Palin pushes midterm election candidates, teases possible presidential candidacy bid - Sep 18, 2010
- Lisa Murkowski wins over Joe Miller - Nov 18, 2010
- Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski defends running as an independent in the re-elections - Sep 23, 2010
- Busy Bristol Palin forgets to vote in midterm elections - Nov 04, 2010
- Palin brand makes its mark in US mid-term elections - Nov 04, 2010
- Now, 'mama grizzly' Palin wants to nail "corrupt bastards" in media - Nov 01, 2010
- Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski Concedes Defeat To Joe Miller - Sep 01, 2010
- Lisa Murkowski: The Republican from Alaska confident of Victory - Oct 31, 2010
- Lisa Murkowski wants to caucus with the Republicans after her reelection - Nov 01, 2010
- Alaska Senate Race Led By Write-in Candidate Lisa Murkowski - Nov 03, 2010
- "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Premieres On TLC - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: absentee ballots, alaska senator, bank bailout, challenger, election season, government spending, governor of alaska, incumbents, joe miller, left behind, lisa murkowski, newcomer, party express, party supporters, political action committee, political ads, ranjan, sarah palin, senator lisa murkowski, tea party