Joe Biden dozes off as Obama delivers speechApril 14th, 2011 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) US Vice President Joe Biden nodded off while President Barack Obama went through statistics and policy goals during a speech, it was reported here.
The Daily Telegraph reported that a video showed that two women sitting in the row behind Biden also struggled to stay awake as Obama spoke for about 30 minutes.
Biden jerked awake after a while.
The vice president’s quick nap has caused a Twitter buzz with suggestions being made that he may have been deep in thought or even praying.
This is not the first time that Biden has blundered.
An open microphone caught him describing the passage of health care reform as a “big ******* deal”.
- It's easy being Vice President; you don't have to do anything: Biden - Feb 27, 2010
- Biden drops the F-bomb after Obama signs historic health reforms - Mar 24, 2010
- Joe Biden nodded off during Obama's speech - Apr 14, 2011
- Obama's Campaign Team Cashing In On Biden 'F-bomb' T-shirt - Apr 03, 2010
- US vice president now on Twitter - Jul 05, 2011
- Vice-President Joe Biden's F-Bomb Video Is Now Viral On Internet - Mar 25, 2010
- White House releases Obama, Biden's tax returns - Apr 14, 2012
- Vice-President Joe Biden's F-bomb Video Becomes Viral On The Web - Mar 28, 2010
- Doctor: Vice President Joe Biden's son hospitalized for mild stroke - May 12, 2010
- Gay marriages gain support in US: Biden - Dec 25, 2010
- Russia held back by corruption: US Vice President - Mar 11, 2011
- Medvedev, Biden to meet in Moscow - Mar 09, 2011
- Biden invites Putin to visit US - Apr 22, 2011
- Vice President Joe Biden's son hospitalized in Delaware - May 11, 2010
- Florida reporter says Biden staffer confined him in closet at posh fundraiser - Mar 28, 2011