JMM legislator facing arrest attends assemblySeptember 19th, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 19 (IANS) Jagganath Mahto, a legislator who faces an arrest warrant in a murder case, Friday attended the monsoon session of the state assembly.The opposition parties have demanded his immediate arrest. Mahto is from the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), whose chief Shibu Soren is the Jharkhand chief minister.
“This is a mockery of law. The police should abide by the law. Mahto should be arrested immediately,” P.N. Singh, the state Bharatiya Janata Party president, told reporters here.
Jagganath Mahto is facing a murder charge for the killing of Dilu Mahto in 1983.
The Bokaro district court issued an arrest warrant against Jagganath Mahto in April 2003. But the police have not yet executed the orders.
The JMM legislator says he has no knowledge about any pending warrant.
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Soren 'unpredictable', says BJP - May 21, 2010
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- Jharkand legislator dies of heart attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- The BJP-JMM love, hate and love story in Jharkhand - Sep 07, 2010
- Soren elected JMM legislative party leader - Dec 25, 2009
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- Soren may find it tough winning trust vote - May 28, 2010
- Choosing ministers will not be easy for Munda - Sep 15, 2010
- JMM willing, but Congress undecided on forming government - Jun 19, 2010