Jharkhand to get second 4,000 MW power plantJune 17th, 2012 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 17 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has given his consent for setting up a 4,000 MW ultra mega thermal power plant in Deoghar district, the second in the coal rich state, an official said.
“The 4,000 MW plant will come up at Husseinabad of Deoghar district of the state. It will come up on 2,600 acres of land,” an official of chief minister’s office told IANS. Munda also holds the power portfolio.
The official informed that “Central Electricity Authority will be informed about the chief minister’s consent for the project”. It is around 360 km from Ranchi and the water and coal blocks are situated within 50 km of the site.
Jharkhand has got clearance for setting up two mega power projects in the state. Reliance Power is setting up the first at Tilaiya in Koderma district. It will produce 4,000 MW in the next 5-6 years.
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Munda lays foundation stone for Deoghar airport - Jul 17, 2012
- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh may get ultra-mega power plants - Aug 15, 2011
- Reliance Power's Tilaiya project gets approval for carbon credits - Oct 03, 2011
- Jharkhand plans to give rural families power-saver CFLs - Jul 25, 2011
- All Jharkhand panchayats to be e-connected: Munda - Sep 14, 2011
- Jharkhand appoints consultant for Rs.1,500 crore transmission line - Feb 01, 2012
- Munda begins Jharkhand road inspection - Nov 03, 2011
- CBI probe likely in Jharkhand land scam: Munda - Sep 06, 2011
- 'L&T keen on setting up power plant in Jharkhand' - Apr 17, 2010
- Centre delaying Jharkhand power project, says Munda - Jul 29, 2011
- NTPC begins work on power project in Karnataka - Jun 02, 2012
- Jharkhand, railways sign MOU - Feb 15, 2012
- Jharkhand to get airport at Deoghar - Feb 16, 2012
- Munda seeks restoration of coal block to Jharkhand - Jul 07, 2011