Jharkhand speaker against withdrawing legislators’ facilitiesJune 11th, 2010 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 11 (IANS) Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C.P. Singh Friday wrote to Lok Sabha Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to protest withdrawal of facilities to legislators during president’s rule.
“I have written a letter to the Lok Sabha speaker drawing her attention towards the facilities enjoyed by the legislators being snapped during president’s rule in the state,” Singh told reporters.
During president’s rule, legislators are entitled to their salary and they are deprived of other benefits like travelling allowances, railway coupons and other facilities.
“A legislator moves in his constituency, attends meetings in different capacities and travels to discharge the duties, but the railway coupons, and other facilities extended to them are snapped during president’s rule,” Singh said.
A meeting of speakers and officials is scheduled to take place from June 19 to 23 in Srinagar and this should be discussed in the meeting, he added.
Jharkhand came under president’s rule June 2 following Shibu Soren’s resignation as chief minister May 30. The assembly has been kept under suspended animation.
- Hike legislators' salary: Jharkhand speaker - Jun 26, 2011
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Jharkhand assembly speaker sentenced to one-month jail - May 16, 2012
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- Soren to seek trust vote on May 31 - May 27, 2010
- Soren sails through trust vote amid RJD boycott (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Arjun Munda becomes Jharkhand chief minister third time (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Soren government a combination of Ram and Ravana' (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Soren government wins trust vote (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- Jailed Jharkhand legislator withdraws resignation letter - Apr 26, 2010
- Munda caught between falling buildings and grumbling leaders - Apr 20, 2011
- Soren government moves trust vote - Jan 07, 2010
- BJP's Arjun Munda to take oath as Jharkhand CM today - Sep 11, 2010
- Arjun Munda wins trust vote (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Indian envoy meets Indonesian parliamentary speaker - Jun 12, 2012