Jharkhand leaders violate land law?February 18th, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 18 (IANS) Political leaders across the political spectrum in Jharkhand have been accused of violating a land law in the state.
Those facing the allegations include Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren, Land and Revenue Minister Mathura Mahto, Congress president Pradeep Balmuchu and Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) legislator Neel Kanth Singh Munda.
All of them have been accused of violating the Chotanagpur Tenancy Act, which says that only tribal people belonging to the same circle and police station can buy land of tribal people.
The allegation is that these leaders bought land outside their circle and police station jurisdiction.
Shibu Soren allegedly purchased land in Nagratoli area of Ranchi and Pradeep Balmuchu reportedly bought land at Hatma area in Ranchi. Mathura Mahto allegedly purchased land in Dhanbad district.
The leaders have denied violating any law.
Mathura Mahto said: “If the charges are proved, I will return the land.”
The Jharkhand High Court this month said Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class land cannot be purchased without permission from the deputy commissioner of the respective districts.
- Hope BJP will support our Rajya Sabha candidate: JMM - Mar 26, 2012
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- BJP refutes JMM's power rotation claim - Jul 09, 2011
- Jharkhand demolitions cause differences in ruling alliance - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- Soren yet to allocate portfolios - Jan 12, 2010
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- Jharkhand deputy chief minister gets bail - May 20, 2011
- Munda licks wounds after BJP defeat - May 04, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- Soren rules out change in tribal land right acts - Mar 08, 2010
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- JMM, Congress face dissention over by-poll - Jun 14, 2011
- Congress focus on preventing BJP government in Jharkhand - May 23, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, caste, congress president, deputy chief minister, deputy commissioner, jharkhand high court, jharkhand mukti morcha, jmm, kanth, legislator, mathura, mukti, police station, political leaders, political spectrum, pradeep, revenue minister, shibu soren, tenancy act