Jharkhand cabinet to be expanded Oct 8September 28th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sept 28 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda will expand his cabinet Oct 8 after the inauspicious ‘Pitrapaksh’ period ends Oct 7, Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren said here Tuesday.
“The chief minister has sought time at 11.35 a.m. Oct 8 to expand the cabinet,” Soren told reporters at the airport on his return from New Delhi, adding: “Everything has been finalised”.
Munda had gone New Delhi with Soren, the son of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren and the other Deputy Chief Minister, Sudesh Mahto of the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU), five days ago. While Soren and Mahto returned to Ranchi Tuesday, Munda is likely to return on Wednesday.
“The cabinet expansion is being delayed due to inauspicious month Bhado and Pitrapaksh. The cabinet will be expanded after Pitrapaksh,” Munda told reporters in New Delhi Monday.
Munda became the eighth chief minister of Jharkhand Sep 11 with support of the JMM, the AJSU, the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and two independents. He proved his majority on floor of the house Sep 14.
Initially, the expansion was to take place after the trust vote but was delayed due to settling the ruling parties’ share in the cabinet and key departments. The state can have a maximum of 12 ministers including the chief minister.
- Jharkhand cabinet expansion after JMM conclave - Sep 20, 2010
- Munda in Nagpur to seek Gadkari's blessings - Sep 12, 2010
- Choosing ministers will not be easy for Munda - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Munda expands cabinet, inducts nine ministers - Oct 08, 2010
- Arjun Munda likely to take oath Sep 11 - Sep 09, 2010
- Arjun Munda becomes Jharkhand chief minister third time (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Shibu Soren will continue as chief minister, says son - May 02, 2010
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- Arjun Munda wins trust vote (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,