Jharkhand cabinet expansion after JMM conclaveSeptember 20th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 20 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda is likely to expand his cabinet after a three-day conclave of its ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) that began in Dumka Monday, party sources said.
“JMM has to finalise the list of its party legislators’ names who will get a place in the cabinet. It seems that the JMM deferred the cabinet expansion considering their conclave…,” a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) source told IANS.
Munda, a BJP leader, became the eighth chief minister of Jharkhand Sep 11 with the support of the JMM, All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU), the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) and two independent legislators. He proved his majority in the state assembly Sep 14.
Munda took oath along with two deputy chief ministers — Sudesh Mahto of AJSU and Hemant Soren, son of JMM chief Shibu Soren.
The cabinet expansion was expected after Munda’s arrival from New Delhi. Munda arrived in Ranchi Sunday after spending four days in New Delhi where he met senior BJP leaders L.K. Advani and Sushma Swaraj among others.
Asked about the expansion of the cabinet, he said: “The cabinet will be expanded soon.”
The functioning of the government is being affected since the cabinet expansion has not taken place.
Jharkhand can have a maximum 12 ministers, including the chief minister, under the statutory provisions.
At least nine JMM legislators are vying to get a place in the cabinet. According to government sources, the JMM will get a total of five berths in the cabinet.
The JMM conclave is being held in the second capital of Dumka and is being attended by party chief Shibu Soren, Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, legislators and central committee members.
- Jharkhand cabinet to be expanded Oct 8 - Sep 28, 2010
- Choosing ministers will not be easy for Munda - Sep 15, 2010
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Munda in Nagpur to seek Gadkari's blessings - Sep 12, 2010
- Arjun Munda becomes Jharkhand chief minister third time (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Munda expands cabinet, inducts nine ministers - Oct 08, 2010
- JMM legislators resent denial of cabinet berths - Oct 09, 2010
- Shibu Soren will continue as chief minister, says son - May 02, 2010
- Jharkhand deputy chief minister gets bail - May 20, 2011
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- BJP's Arjun Munda sworn in as Jharkhand CM for the third time - Sep 11, 2010
- Arjun Munda wins trust vote (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Arjun Munda likely to take oath Sep 11 - Sep 09, 2010
- JMM fields Saneev Kumar for Rajya Sabha - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: berths, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, bjp leaders, cabinet expansion, central committee members, chief ministers, conclave, deputy chief minister, government sources, hemant, independent legislators, l k advani, munda, party chief, shibu soren, state assembly, statutory provisions, students union, swaraj