Jesse Jackson Jr. Talks About Senate Seat ScandalSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 9:06 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jesse Jackson Jr, the man whom the entire media has been hounding over the last few days, has finally responded to the reports. Addressing allegations that include his attempt to buy a senate seat and also his extra marital affair with a Washington DC woman named Giovana Huidobro, Jesse Jackson Jr’s representative said in a statement to the media sources that the congressman has no relation to the scandal that has spread about him. It was alleged that Jesse Jackson was trying to buy the senate seat from Rod Blagojevich, another king of controversy. In spite of the congressman denying the allegations, the news has spread like wild fire.
One political expert felt that Jesse Jackson might not run for Mayor of Chicago especially in light of the corruption and womanizing allegations. The controversy also provides great political fodder to his congressional opponent Isaac Hayes. Isaac Hayes emphasized on the fact that Raghuveer Nayak had admitted that he was instructed to channel funds to Rod Blagojevich. There are also reports that Raghuveer Nayak booked tickets for Giovanna Huidobro at least twice from Washington DC to Chicago.
Raghuveer Nayak’s statements have caused the controversy to heat up even further. Some of his statements have been exactly opposite of what Jesse Jackson said almost a week ago. Though neither Jesse Jackson Jr nor Raghuveer Nayak have been charged with any crime, the scandal will impact the political career of Jesse Jackson quite badly. About the involvement with the Washington woman Jesse Jackson urged the media to respect his privacy. He said that it was a matter that he and his wife had solved a few months ago.
- Jesse Jackson's Adds Giovanna Huidobro To His List Of Problems - Sep 22, 2010
- Indian-American fundraiser under US scanner - Apr 13, 2011
- Indian American fundraiser for jailed governor arrested - Jun 21, 2012
- Jesse Jackson Jr. denies fund raising allegations - Sep 23, 2010
- Indian-American offered to raise $1 mn for Senate seat - Jul 09, 2010
- Prosecutors Pledge Retrial As Rod Blagojevich Is Convicted Of 1 Of 24 Counts Against Him - Aug 18, 2010
- Former Illinois governor guilty of lying - Aug 18, 2010
- Indian Americans involved in Illinois scandal: report - Dec 13, 2008
- Indian-American businessman heard Obama seat price talks: Report - Jan 25, 2009
- Illinois Democrats reeling as Blagojevich scandal develops - Dec 14, 2008
- Rod Blagojevich Convicted Only For Lying To The FBI - Aug 18, 2010
- Defiant Illinois governor names pick for Obama seat - Dec 31, 2008
- U.S. Court brings second indictment against former IL Gov. Blagojevich - Feb 05, 2010
- Christopher Lee's Resignation Sends Waves In US Political Circle - Feb 10, 2011
- Former US governor sentenced to 14 years in prison - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: allegations, congressman, controversy, extra marital affair, fire one, fodder, isaac hayes, jesse jackson, jesse jackson jr, kar, mayor of chicago, media sources, nayak, political career, political expert, rod blagojevich, scandal, senate seat, washington woman, wild fire