Jesse Jackson Jr. asked to explain his mystery illnessJuly 12th, 2012 - 7:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Illinois, July 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Colleagues and friends of the Illinois representative Jesse Jackson Jr. have asked him to explain the mystery illness due to which he has been absent from the Congress for the past 1 month. He has been away from his office since the 10th of June.
The 47 years old Democrat Jesse Jackson Jr. has been absent from the Congress for the past one month and this has generated a lot of speculation about his health issues, especially since his office nor his family members have come forward to talk about them.
There has also been a number of rumors that he was suffering from alcoholism and was in rehab for the same. However this rumor was refuted by his wife who tweeted on Twitter that her husband isn’t in rehab.
Jesse Jackson Jr.’s father also declined to provide information about his son’s mysterious illness. He just said that Jr. was recovering his strength and at the moment he is “going through a tremendous challenge.”
“As a public official … there reaches a point when you have a responsibility to tell people what you’re facing and how things are going,” according to Senator Dick Durbin.
- Downey Jr. to play drug detective in 'Inherent Vice' - Feb 22, 2011
- Indian-American offered to raise $1 mn for Senate seat - Jul 09, 2010
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Talks About Senate Seat Scandal - Sep 22, 2010
- Jesse Jackson's Adds Giovanna Huidobro To His List Of Problems - Sep 22, 2010
- Jesse Jackson's wife Sandi says that her heart will heal after Jesse's affair - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian-American fundraiser under US scanner - Apr 13, 2011
- Are Jesse James and Kat Von D engaged? - Jan 17, 2011
- Springfield Mayor Timothy Davlin Found Dead At Home - Dec 15, 2010
- Senator Harry Reid dislocates his shoulder after a fall - May 05, 2011
- Facebook playing down role as 'key tool for democratic change' in Middle East - Feb 15, 2011
- Bullock angry about Jesse's tell-all book - Apr 22, 2011
- Indian American fundraiser for jailed governor arrested - Jun 21, 2012
- Man Trapped After Collapse Of Florida Mine Believed To Be Dead - Dec 24, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Son of Hitler's deputy accused of sexual abuse - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: alcoholism, colleagues, congress, democrat, dick durbin, family members, health issues, illinois representative, jesse jackson, jesse jackson jr, mysterious illness, mystery illness, rehab, senator dick durbin, speculation, twitter