JD-U wins Fatuha assembly by-poll in BiharJune 1st, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 1 (IANS) Arun Manjhi of the Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United Monday won the by-election to state’s Fatuha assembly constituency, poll officials said.
Manjhi defeated his nearest rival Punent Rai, nominee of the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) combine, by a margin of over 10,000 votes.
The by-election was held May 28 following the death of JD-U legislator Sarjug Paswan.
The JD-U victory is another jolt for RJD head Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan. The LJP-RJD combine was routed in the Lok Sabha elections.
The RJD managed to win only four of the 40 Lok Sabha seats, while the LJP failed to win any.
- Voting in Bihar for Rajya Sabha seats - Jun 17, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- RJD-LJP alliance wins 8 seats in Bihar by-election - Sep 17, 2009
- We will be come to power in Bihar: Paswan - Nov 22, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Paswan's party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U - Nov 08, 2011
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Paswan, Rudy win Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar - Jun 17, 2010
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- Cross voting in Bihar Rajya Sabha polls (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- RJD-LJP combine wins 8 seats in Bihar by-polls (Second Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- RJD, LJP upbeat in Bihar, see new ray of hope - Sep 18, 2009
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010