JD-U to launch stir over denial of rally groundFebruary 15th, 2008 - 10:19 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, Feb 15 (IANS) Opposition Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in Jharkhand will launch an agitation from Monday here over the government denial of permission to let it use a city ground for its rally. The JD-U has called for Jharkhand Bachao rally March 9. But, the use of the sprawling Morabadi Ground, where political parties usually hold rallies, has been denied to the JD-U.
JD-U state president Jaleshwar Rao said: “We will submit a memorandum to Governor Syed Sibte Razi Saturday and launch stir at block level from Monday.”
The reason for denial cited by the district administration is that the Scheduled Castes related programmes and regional Mahotsav will be organized at the Morabadi Ground March 3-18.
JD-U leaders said that in the past no such cultural programmes have been organized at Morabadi Ground.
State JD-U president Jaleshwar Rao said: “It is a well calculated move on the part of the state United Progressive Alliance (UPA) headed by Madhu Koda to suppress the voice of the people.”
“In Jharkhand, the UPA is worried about the expansion of JD-U,” he added.
On Thursday, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) held Chetna rally in Ranchi, which was attended by Railway Minister Lalu Prasad and others. Former chief minister Babulal Marandi’s party, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Democratic, Feb 6 held a rally at the same ground.
The JD-U leaders are peeved their party is being denied permission to hold their rally on the same ground.
- Prominent winners and losers in Jharkhand assembly polls - Dec 23, 2009
- Jharkhand JD-U president arrested for 1995 poll code violation - Nov 22, 2009
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- Shibu Soren becomes chief minister of Jharkhand, again (Lead) - Dec 30, 2009
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- BJP, JD-U to meet on presidential candidate - May 02, 2012
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- JD-U demands berth in Jharkhand cabinet - Oct 06, 2010
- BJP withdraws support to JMM, Congress weighs options (Roundup) - Apr 28, 2010
- Shibu Soren oath-taking rescheduled at astrologers' behest - Dec 29, 2009
- JD-U to support Pranab for presidency - Jun 21, 2012
- BJP stakes claim to form Jharkhand government (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: agitation, chief minister, district administration, government denial, jd, jharkhand, koda, lalu prasad, marandi, memorandum, political parties, progressive alliance, railway minister, rallies, rally march, rao, razi, rjd, state president, vikas