JD-U to get tough on rebels in BiharMarch 19th, 2009 - 1:27 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 19 (IANS) Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) is likely to take action against rebels who vandalised the party headquarters and disrupted a press conference to insist that Agriculture Minister Nagmani be given a ticket to contest the parliamentary polls.
“The party has to act tough in this case,” a senior JD-U leader considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar told IANS, a day after the incident on Wednesday.
The well-designed drama staged by Nagmani’s supporters for demanding his candidature from Ujiarpur parliamentary seat had sent the message that revolt was breaking out in the party, added another party leader.
Nagmani’s supporters, mostly youths, had forcibly entered the party office where state party president Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lalan Singh was addressing a press conference. They warned of severe consequences if he was denied a ticket.
In another jolt to the JD-U, legislator Rambadan Rai resigned from the party and from the state legislative council after his name was not considered for the Munger parliamentary seat.
- Revolt over tickets in Janata Dal-United - Mar 18, 2009
- Former JD-U minister Nagmani joins RJD - Mar 25, 2009
- Bihar's ruling JD-U gets new chief - Feb 14, 2010
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- Bihar minister resigns after denial of ticket - Mar 22, 2009
- LJP legislator denies joining Bihar's ruling JD-U - Aug 13, 2011
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Bihar JD-U is run like a private company: rebel MP - Sep 27, 2010
- In Bihar, 30,000 aspirants for assembly polls - Sep 19, 2010
- Nitish Kumar elected head of NDA legislature party (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Former Bihar minister, wife to join Congress - Sep 10, 2010
- BJP will not encourage desertions from JD-U in Bihar: Modi - Jul 10, 2012
- Bihar Minister Nagmani resigns from JD (U) - Mar 25, 2009
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- It's Janata Dal 'disunited' in Bihar (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: agriculture minister, candidature, chief minister, jd, jolt, lalan, legislative council, legislator, march 19, munger, parliamentary polls, parliamentary seat, party headquarters, party leader, party president, patna, rajiv, ranjan, rebels, revolt