JD-U plans defamation case against Rabri DeviApril 11th, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 11 (IANS) Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) will file a defamation suit against Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Rabri Devi for her alleged abusive remarks against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and state JD-U chief Rajiv Ranjan alias Lalan Singh, party leaders said here Saturday.
A JD-U leader said that Lalan Singh will file a criminal case against Rabri Devi for her abusive remarks against the JD-U leaders at a public meeting in Saran district last Saturday. Her husband and RJD chief Lalu Prasad is a candidate for the Lok Sabha from the seat.
“Singh has made up his mind to register a case against Rabri Devi next week,” the leader said.
The chief minister had said last week that the JD-U would file a defamation suit against Rabri Devi. The party had also demanded that the Election Commission take stern action against the RJD leader for her remarks, which it said had violated the model code of conduct.
In its complaint, the JD-U demanded that the poll panel should disallow the former chief minister from campaigning.
- JD-U files defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Rabri in trouble for using foul language against Nitish - Apr 05, 2009
- Rabri Devi booked on charge of abusing Nitish Kumar - Apr 06, 2009
- Defamation case filed against ex-Bihar CM Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- Defamation case against Rabri Devi to be heard today - May 13, 2009
- Defamation case against Rabri Devi to be heard on May 13 - May 04, 2009
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- Congress, RJD protecting their leaders in Bihar: BJP - Jul 21, 2010
- Rabri Devi faces criminal contempt petition - Apr 06, 2009
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Contempt of court proceedings sought against Rabri Devi - Apr 06, 2009
Tags: alias, bihar, chief minister, code of conduct, criminal case, defamation case, defamation suit, election commission, jd, lalu prasad, last saturday, Lok Sabha, model code, party leaders, poll, rabri devi, rajiv, ranjan, saran district, stern action