JD-U files defamation case against Rabri DeviApril 13th, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 13 (IANS) Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Monday filed a defamation suit against Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Rabri Devi for her alleged abusive remarks against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and state JD-U chief Rajiv Ranjan alias Lalan Singh, a party source said.
A JD-U leader said Lalan Singh filed the case in the Patna civil court over the former chief minister’s remarks against JD-U leaders at a public meeting in Saran district. Her husband, Railway Minister and RJD chief Lalu Prasad, is a candidate for the Saran Lok Sabha seat.
Lalan Singh has submitted clippings of dailies and CDs of TV news channels as evidences. The party demanded that Rabri Devi should be barred from campaigning.
The JD-U had earlier urged the Election Commission to take action against Rabri Devi for her remarks, which it said violated the model code of conduct.
- JD-U plans defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 11, 2009
- Rabri Devi booked on charge of abusing Nitish Kumar - Apr 06, 2009
- Rabri in trouble for using foul language against Nitish - Apr 05, 2009
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- Defamation case filed against ex-Bihar CM Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Lalu dares Nitish, Modi to contest against Rabri - Oct 05, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: bihar, chief minister, civil court, clippings, dailies, defamation case, defamation suit, election commission, evidences, jd, lalan, lalu prasad, Lok Sabha, model code, news channels, party source, railway minister, rajiv, ranjan, saran district