JD-S claims Yeddyurappa’s sons run trust to make moneyMarch 9th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Bangalore, March 9 (IANS) The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) Wednesday claimed that Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa’s sons were doling out favours in return for money for a trust run by them.
“Yeddyurappa’s family made illegal gains of over Rs.27 crore through donations to the trust run by his sons,” former Karnataka chief minister and JD-S Lok Sabha member H.D. Kumaraswamy told reporters in New Delhi.
He released ‘documents’ to support his claim. The ‘documents’ were also circulated to the media in Bangalore by the party.
Kumaraswamy said donations were made to the trust in the last two years “in return for favours” by Yeddyurappa’s sons B.Y. Raghavendra, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP from Karnataka, and B.Y. Vijayendra.
He alleged that these “donations were collected by Yeddyurappa’s sons by favouring a realty firm and a steel manufacturing company”.
Kumaraswamy said Yeddyurappa and his sons had ensured no action was taken against the real estate developer “though he had encroached tanks (water bodies)” in Bangalore.
The JD-S leader’s new charge against Yeddyurappa came after a gap of several weeks.
The JD-S had taken the lead in releasing documents in October-November last year, alleging Yeddyurappa favoured his kin with prime land in and around Bangalore and indulging in large-scale denotification of government land to favour people who invested money in his sons’ business ventures.
A Bangalore court is hearing five complaints of corruption and illegal land dealings against Yeddyurappa, his sons and other relatives.
The complaints were filed by two advocates in January after Governor H.R. Bhardwaj granted sanction to prosecute Yedddyurappa over the charges.
The court is yet to decide whether to take cognizance of the complaints.
- Yeddyurappa's son dismisses opposition charges (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Yeddyurappa meets Gadkari, rubbishes opposition charges - Mar 10, 2011
- Court summons Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- BJP dismisses allegations against Yeddyurappa - Mar 10, 2011
- Ruckus in assembly over trust run by Yeddyurappa's sons - Mar 14, 2011
- Karnataka gets cabinet; ex-minister jailed, Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy summoned (Night Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Apex court tells CBI to probe graft charges against Yeddyurappa (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Yeddyurappa now declines probe into sons' trust (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Yeddyurappa: Clerk to chief minister to undertrial No.10462 - Oct 16, 2011
- Summons for Yeddyurappa in graft case, jail for ex-minister (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Yeddyurappa awaits meeting with Gadkari, party decision (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Kumaraswamy demands CM Yeddyurappa's resignation over land scam - Nov 17, 2010
- Dark Diwali for Karnataka BJP politicos (Karnataka Newsletter) - Oct 19, 2011
- Double blow for Yeddyurappa: Faces illegal mining charge, court case (Roundup) - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: bangalore, bharatiya janata party, bjp, business ventures, chief minister, cognizance, crore, favours, government land, illegal gains, kumaraswamy, land dealings, lok sabha member, manufacturing company, prime land, raghavendra, real estate developer, realty firm, steel manufacturing, water bodies