Jayalalithaa re-allocates four ministers’ portfoliosJanuary 18th, 2012 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 18 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa Wednesday effected minor rejig of her ministry by reallocating portfolios to four of her ministers.
In a statement issued here by Tamil Nadu Governor K.Rosaiah’s office, the chief minister had advised allocation of commercial taxes, registration and stamps held by Agri S.S. Krishnamoorthy to C.Ve. Shanmugam.
Shanmugam will be redesignated as minister for commercial taxes, registration and law, courts and prisons while continuing to hold portfolios of personnel, administrative reforms and prevention of corruption.
Krishnamoorthy has been designated as minister for school eduction, sports and youth welfare.
In the other changes, Industries Minister S.P.Velumani and Revenue Minister P. Thangamani will swap portfolios.
- Jayalalithaa drops two ministers, inducts two - Jan 27, 2012
- Jayalalithaa rehuffles cabinet, drops a minister - Jul 03, 2011
- Jayalalithaa to head 34-member government - May 16, 2011
- Jayalalithaa reshuffles cabinet - Jun 27, 2011
- PM, other leaders greet Jayalalithaa on birthday (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Tamil Nadu cabinet reshuffled, two dropped - Dec 10, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to tax DTH firms, IPL matches - Sep 14, 2011
- Major reshuffle in Tamil Nadu cabinet - Nov 04, 2011
- Leaders greet people on Pongal, Sankranti - Jan 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to modernise its checkposts - Jul 07, 2012
- Rosaiah sworn in as Tamil Nadu governor - Aug 31, 2011
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Jayalalithaa drops senior minister Sengottaiyan - Jul 19, 2012
- AIADMK legislators' suspension revoked - Jan 11, 2011
- Alagiri warns of legal action against Tamil Nadu minister - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: administrative reforms, chief minister, corruption, eduction, industries minister, j jayalalithaa, krishnamoorthy, law courts, portfolios, prevention, prisons, rejig, revenue minister, shanmugam, Sports, stamps, youth welfare