Jayalalithaa drops two ministers, inducts twoJanuary 27th, 2012 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 26 (IANS) In a reshuffle on Republic Day, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa dropped two cabinet ministers and inducted two new ministers while reallocating a senior minister’s portfolio.
According to a statement issued by Governor’ K.Rosaiah’s office here, the chief minister had advised dropping of School Education Minister Agri S.S. Krishnamoorthy and Revenue Minister S.P. Velumani from the council of ministers.
N.R.Sivapathy, legislator from Musiri, has been appointed as the new minister for school eduction, sports and youth welfare.
Cheyyar legislator N. Subramanian has been appointed the minister for information technology, while incumbent K.A. Sengottaiyan will be the new revenue minister.
- Jayalalithaa re-allocates four ministers' portfolios - Jan 18, 2012
- Jayalalithaa to head 34-member government - May 16, 2011
- Jayalalithaa drops senior minister Sengottaiyan - Jul 19, 2012
- Jayalalithaa reshuffles cabinet - Jun 27, 2011
- Major reshuffle in Tamil Nadu cabinet - Nov 04, 2011
- Jayalalithaa rehuffles cabinet, drops a minister - Jul 03, 2011
- Rosaiah sworn in as Tamil Nadu governor - Aug 31, 2011
- Tamil Nadu cabinet reshuffled, two dropped - Dec 10, 2011
- PM, other leaders greet Jayalalithaa on birthday (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Leaders greet people on Pongal, Sankranti - Jan 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu celebrates Republic Day (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- BJP emissary in Bangalore to sort out portfolio issue - Aug 31, 2012
- Tamil Nadu agriculture minister loses - May 13, 2011
- Tamil Nadu celebrates Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: agri, cabinet ministers, chief minister, council of ministers, eduction, incumbent, information technology, j jayalalithaa, krishnamoorthy, legislator, new ministers, republic day, reshuffle, revenue minister, school education minister, senior minister, Sports, subramanian, tamil nadu, youth welfare