Jayalalithaa condoles Deshmukhs’s deathAugust 14th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 14 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Tuesday expressed her shock and grief at the death of union science and technology minister and former chief minister of Maharashtra Vilasrao Deshmukh.
In her condolence message, Jayalalithaa said: In his (Deshmukh) lifetime, he played a crucial role in the Indian National Congress. As a member of the Rajya Sabha, representing Maharashtra, he brought a quiet dignity to his role in the upper house.”
She said as Maharashtra chief minister, Deshmukh steered the state with sagacity and a maturity which was appreciable.
“I offer my sincere and heartfelt condolences to his family and pray that the almighty may give them the strength to cope with this irreparable loss,” she said.
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Maharashtra leaders condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- PM condoles Deshmukh's death, calls him trusted colleague (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Goa governor, chief minister condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Maharashtra leaders condole Deshmukh's death (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Deshmukh's mortal remains consigned to flames (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Vilasrao Deshmukh's death very unexpected: SRK - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Beni Prasad Verma condoles passing away of Arjun Singh - Mar 04, 2011
- PM condoles Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- President condoles Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Deshmukh dies in Chennai, mourned by leaders, Bollywood (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 15, 2012
- Congress renominates two ministers and Singhvi to Rajya Sabha - Mar 17, 2012
- PM condoles death of CPI leader's mother - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: chief minister, condolence message, grief, heartfelt condolences, indian national congress, irreparable loss, j jayalalithaa, lifetime, maturity, quiet dignity, rajya sabha, sagacity, science and technology, shock, technology minister, upper house, vilasrao deshmukh