Jayalalitha rules out post-poll tie with NDAApril 13th, 2009 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 13 (IANS) AIADMK boss J. Jayalalitha Monday ruled out the possibility of a post-poll alliance with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
“The reports are baseless. The AIADMK is not in talks with any political party for a post-poll alliance other than those who are our present allies,” Jayalalitha said in a statement.
“Our alliance with the Communist Party of India-Marxist, Communist Party of India, PMK and MDMK for the general elections is strong. Other suggestions are mischievous and wrong,” Jayalalitha added.
She was reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) prime ministerial hopeful L.K. Advani’s indication of talks with the AIADMK and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) during an interview with a news channel.
Meanwhile, Advani said in clarification: “I only indicated the possibility of talks and nothing more.” He was speaking in Thiruvananthapuram.
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- No post-poll alliance for BJP: Gadkari - Mar 05, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- No talks on BJP-BSP post-poll tie up :Nirmala Sitharaman - Feb 12, 2012
- DMK-PMK in pact for Tamil Nadu elections (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Congress could be eyeing SP as alternative ally (News Analysis) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP to send Swamy as emissary to Mulayam - Jun 15, 2012
- Presidential polls: BJP woos Jayalalithaa, NDA to meet Friday (Third Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- AIADMK, CPI-M in talks on seat sharing - Feb 19, 2011
- GJM to go with Trinamool on presidential poll - Jun 28, 2012
- JD-U to go solo in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 05, 2012
- Sangma meeets Mamata - Jun 26, 2012
- Alliance with Congress not possible, says Akhilesh - Feb 29, 2012
- Advantage Pranab as lawmakers vote to elect new president (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP, AIADMK to coordinate on presidential poll: Advani (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: aiadmk, allies, bharatiya janata party, bjp, boss, bsp, chennai, clarification, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, general elections, jayalalitha, l k advani, mdmk, national democratic alliance, nda, pmk, poll alliance, post poll