Jaswant, wife worth over Rs.12 croreApril 9th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Siliguri, April 9 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) heavyweight Jaswant Singh, who filed his nomination from northern West Bengal’s Darjeeling Hills Thursday, has movable and immovable assets worth over Rs.7 crore and his possessions include a herd of 42 cattle and two Arabian horses.
Singh’s wife Sheetal Kumari owns assets valued at over Rs.5 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by the former union minister.
Singh, BJP leader in the Rajya Sabha, owns a Fiat car, a tractor and four tracts of agricultural land in Rajasthan valued at more than Rs.69 lakh.
Livestock owned by the leader include the herd of cattle priced at over Rs 1.50 lakh, and the Arabian horses gifted to him by the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, said the affidavit filed as part of the nomination requirements for contesting the Lok Sabha polls.
Singh also owns a bungalow in Jodhpur worth Rs.1.75 crore, a hut priced at Rs.4.5 lakh in his native village of Temawas, a farmhouse in Jodhpur valued at Rs.7.5 lakh and has 50 percent share of value Rs.4 crore in a new Delhi flat. His wife is the other co-owner.
He has cash of Rs.10,000 and his equity share holdings total a little above Rs.68,000.
Singh also holds two accounts with the State Bank of India in London and New York and the total deposits amount to around Rs.15.42 lakh.
His spouse Sheetal Kumari owns two cars - an Innova of market value Rs.9.5 lakh and a Fiat Uno worth Rs.1.2 lakh.
She has fixed deposits of Rs 5.83 lakh, and shares valued at Rs.9.52 lakh, besides gold ornaments of Rs.8.86 lakh and seven kilograms of silver (Rs 1.52 lakh).
Her immovable assets include a hut in Pali district of Rajasthan worth Rs.1.50 lakh, an outhouse in Jodhpur priced at Rs.35 lakh, besides the 50 percent share in the co-owned house with Jaswant which makes her richer by Rs.4 crore. She is also the owner of a farm house in Rajasthan’s Pali district valued at Rs.1.5 lakh.
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Rabri Devi's assets - 62 cows and 42 calves - Oct 10, 2010
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assets - Jan 03, 2012
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Owning resorts to companies, Kamal Nath richest minister - Sep 03, 2011
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: arabian horses, bank of india, bjp leader, crown prince of saudi arabia, darjeeling hills, fiat car, gold ornaments, herd of cattle, jaswant singh, lakh, lok sabha polls, nomination requirements, prince of saudi arabia, rajya sabha, share holdings, sheetal, state bank of india, value rs, west bengal, worth rs