Japanese firm complains of harassment in Madhya PradeshSeptember 30th, 2011 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 30 (IANS) An Indian subsidiary of Japan’s Bridgestone Corporation — a global tyre and rubber company — has accused Madhya Pradesh’s labour welfare board officials of making “unethical and unreasonable demands”, a letter revealed Friday.
Bridgestone India Private Limited (BIPL), with a unit in Pithampur with a turnover of close to Rs.1,000 crore, has complained to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Chief Secretary Avani Vaish.
BIPL director Ajay Sevekari has alleged that two labour department officials –Assistant Welfare Commissioner R.P. Mishra and Regional Welfare Inspector Prem Singh Patel — had conducted an inspection in their company in February and made “unethical and unreasonable demands”, failing which they would send company officials to jail.
The letter, dated Sep 19, said the company did not budge and flatly refused to entertain the officials.
Sevekari, in the letter to Pukhraj Maroo of the labour department, says a criminal complaint was filed against their two directors, including a Japanese national, by the department. Maroo could not be contacted for comment.
- Madhya Pradesh CM says no forced sterilizations - Feb 18, 2012
- Bridgestone's Madhya Pradesh tyres factory begins production - Jun 15, 2011
- Dunlop India suspends operations at Chennai plant - Feb 22, 2012
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
- Comstar Automotive workers' strike continues for 28th day - Sep 07, 2011
- Government clears first phase of Maheshwar project - May 07, 2010
- Now Gita lessons in Madhya Pradesh schools - Jul 01, 2011
- RLD wants CBI probe into IPS officer's killing - Mar 11, 2012
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- Dhoni seeks to set up sports academy in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 14, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh addresses 3.6 mn complaints: Sounds too good? - Jul 12, 2011
- Continental Group to buy Modi Tyres - Apr 18, 2011
- Mauritius, Bihar schools to sign exchange programme - Sep 11, 2011
- CBI to probe RTI activist's murder in Bhopal - Aug 18, 2011
- Chouhan government harassing officials: Congress - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: ajay, avani, bipl, board officials, bridgestone corporation, chief secretary, criminal complaint, crore, department officials, indian subsidiary, japanese firm, labour department, labour welfare, maroo, mishra, pithampur, rubber company, unreasonable demands, welfare board, welfare commissioner