‘Janardhana Reddy wanted bail at any cost’July 23rd, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 23 (IANS) Former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, currently in jail in illegal mining case, wanted to come out on bail at “any cost”, revealed his relative Dasaradharami Reddy, who was arrested Sunday in cash-for-bail scam.
In his statement before the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), he said the mining baron was ready to offer any sum of money to bribe the judge for bail.
Dasaradharami Reddy told the ACB officials that Janardhana Reddy asked him to do anything to get him bail. The conspiracy for bribing the judge was hatched in jail, said ACB sources.
K. Lakshmi Narasimha Rao, one of the three judges arrested in the cash-for-bail case, has already claimed that Janardhana Reddy’s relatives offered Rs.100 crore for the bail.
Chief judge of city small causes court Narasimha Rao along with district and sessions judge D. Prabhakar Rao and a realtor Ravi Surya Prakash Babu tried to have a deal with CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao but he rejected the offer.
Pattabhirama Rao, however, accepted the offer which came through his friend and retired judge T.V. Chalapathi Rao.
Dasaradharami Reddy along with Janardhana Reddy’s brother Somasekhara Reddy and Karnataka legislator T. H. Suresh Babu allegedly paid Rs.10 crore to the judge through a man with a criminal record.
The ACB has already issued lookout notices for both Somasekhara Reddy and Suresh Babu to prevent them from fleeing the country.
Pattabhirama Rao, his son Ravichandra, retired judge T. V. Chalapathi Rao, rowdy sheeter Yadgiri Rao, junior lawyer Aditya and Dasaradharami Reddy were arrested in the main case
Narasimha Rao, Prabhakar Rao and Surya Prakash Babu have been arrested for offering bribe.
In a related development, Narasimha Rao has alleged that he was made a scapegoat to save state Law Minister E. Pratap Reddy in the case. In a letter to state human rights commission, high court and the Supreme Court, he accused a ACB official of trying to implicate him in the “false” case.
The high court on May 31 suspended Pattabhirama Rao, who had granted bail to Janardhana Reddy on May 11. The bail orders were later struck down by the high court.
The two other judges arrested in the case have also been suspended.
Janardhana Reddy is currently lodged in Bangalore jail as he is standing trial another mining case in Karnataka.
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- Karnataka BJP MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail deal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Former Karnataka minister Sriramulu appears before Anti-Corruption Bureau - Aug 21, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Two Karnataka legislators summoned in Andhra cash-for-bail scam - Jul 24, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- Suspended judge sent to police custody in bribery scam - Jun 29, 2012
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Ex-judge, suspended judge's son arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 16, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Names of two more judges surface in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 11, 2012
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
- Andhra's cash-for-bail scam sent to anti-graft bureau - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: aditya, babu, cbi, chief judge, corruption bureau, criminal record, crore, human rights commission, karnataka minister, lakshmi narasimha, law minister, legislator, narasimha rao, prabhakar rao, pratap, related development, scapegoat, sheeter, sum of money, suresh