Jaitley named opposition leader in Rajya SabhaJune 3rd, 2009 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Wednesday named Arun Jaitley as opposition leader in the Rajya Sabha and Sushma Swaraj as deputy leader of the party in the Lok Sabha.
Advani, who was named leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha, was authorised by the BJP parliamentary party to choose office-bearers of the party in the two houses.
He named S.S. Ahluwalia as deputy leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
While Maya Singh was named chief whip of the party in Rajya Sabha, Ramesh Bais was named the party’s chief whip in the lower house.
Former central minister Jaswant Singh was the leader of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha but he has been elected to the Lok Sabha, creating the vacancy.
- Advani puts younger leaders in key parliament posts (Lead) - Jun 03, 2009
- Munde appointed Lok Sabha deputy leader of opposition - Dec 21, 2009
- Advani, Sushma, Jaitley to meet PM on Kashmir - Sep 06, 2010
- Advani, Sushma Swaraj skip Meira Kumar's tea party - Sep 08, 2011
- BJP leaders meet president on 'parliament subversion' (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- We don't have illegal accounts abroad, declare BJP MPs - Dec 09, 2011
- BJP to discuss Pakistan terror links with Obama - Nov 07, 2010
- BJP tells Patil to reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Dissent grows in BJP over Rajya Sabha nomination - Mar 21, 2012
- BJP likely to announce presidential candidate today - Jun 21, 2012
- BJP delegation meets president to discuss Lokpal bill (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 'No black money abroad', BJP MPs to declare Friday - Dec 08, 2011
- BJP to question PM on Thomas in Rajya Sabha - Mar 07, 2011
- Want our dissent note on Lokpal accepted: BJP (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill, BJP tells Patil (Fourth Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: ahluwalia, bais, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chief whip, deputy leader, june 3, l k advani, leader of opposition, leader of the opposition, Lok Sabha, maya, minister jaswant singh, New Delhi, opposition leader, parliamentary party, rajya sabha, ramesh, swaraj, vacancy