Jaipal Reddy, three other ministers win, Renuka Chowdary losesMay 16th, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 16 (IANS) Four out of five central ministers from Andhra Pradesh were re-elected to the Lok Sabha Saturday.
Senior Congress leader and Minister for Urban Development S. Jaipal Reddy, Minister of State for Human Resources D. Purandareswari, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Pannabaka Lakshmi and Minister of State for Defence Pallam Raju were all re-elected.
Minister of State for Women Development and Child Welfare Renuka Chowdary missed the hat trick from Khammam Lok Sabha seat as N. Nageswara Rao of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) defeated her by 120,000 votes.
Renuka had defeated Nageswara Rao in 2004 polls by over 100,000 votes.
Jaipal Reddy was elected from newly-created Chevella Lok Sabha seat by over 25,000 votes. In the last elections he was elected from Miryalguda, which was scrapped during delimitation of constituencies.
Purandareswari, daughter of TDP founder and former chief minister N.T. Rama Rao, was elected from Visakhapatnam. In 2004, she was elected from Bapatla.
Pannabaka Lakshmi was elected from Bapatla. Pallam Raju was re-elected from Kakinada.
- Congress retains sitting MPs from Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 21, 2009
- Andhra chief minister's son gets Lok Sabha ticket - Mar 17, 2009
- Chief minister's son in Congress' Andhra list - Mar 21, 2009
- Renuka Chowdhury, Purandareswari face tough test - Apr 15, 2009
- Congress sweeps Lok Sabha polls in Andhra (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Chiranjeevi, Renuka, four others file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Will follow Sonia's decision on Telangana: Andhra Congress - Jun 11, 2011
- Congress announces Andhra candidates for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Chiranjeevi, five others elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Mar 22, 2012
- Congress finalises 42 names for Lok Sabha polls - Mar 17, 2009
- TDP's Devender Goud, Ramesh file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Four couples, eight pairs of brothers from Congress in fray - Mar 26, 2009
- Three-cornered contest in second phase (Poll curtainraiser - Andhra Pradesh) - Apr 22, 2009
- Andhra set for polls, hung assembly predicted - Apr 13, 2009
Tags: chief minister, child welfare, congress leader, constituencies, delimitation, family welfare, hat trick, hyderabad, jaipal reddy, khammam, lakshmi, Lok Sabha, minister of state, nageswara rao, rama rao, tdp, telugu desam party, urban development, visakhapatnam, women development