Jagdish Tytler, others booked for Odisha rally violenceSeptember 8th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Sep 8 (IANS) Senior Congress leader Jagdish Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee president Niranjan Patnaik are among several people booked for the violence during the Congress rally here Thursday, police said Saturday.
So far, eight cases have been registered in connection with the violence at two different police stations here, a police official told IANS.
At least 100 people, including protestors and several policemen, were injured when the rally organised by Odisha’s main opposition party against the Naveen Patnaik-led government Thursday turned violent.
Tytler, Patnaik and some other Congress leaders were present at the rally.
While 33 people were arrested Friday, five more were taken into custody Saturday - taking the total number of arrests made in connection with the violence to 38, the official said.
Those arrested or booked have been charged with offences like criminal conspiracy, rioting, damaging public properties, causing injury, attempt to murder and outraging modesty of a woman, the official said.
- Congress shutdown paralyses life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- 33 held for violence during Congress rally (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Several hurt as Odisha Congress protest turns violent (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Attack on woman cop during Odisha rally triggers outrage - Sep 07, 2012
- Photos of suspects in Odisha violence released - Sep 13, 2012
- Congress calls for shutdown in Odisha - Sep 07, 2012
- Congress shutdown hits life in Odisha - Sep 10, 2012
- Several hurt as Odisha Congress protest turns violent - Sep 06, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Pranab hopeful of Mamata's support (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Opposition parties demand justice for rape victim - Jan 16, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Congress, BJD trade charges over presidential election - Jul 01, 2012
- Odisha gangrape victim's death triggers protests - Jun 22, 2012
- Cartoon row: Bengal rights panel summons Kolkata police chief - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,