Jagan’s bail plea dismissed, court reserves order (Lead)June 1st, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 1 (IANS) A special court here Friday dismissed YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s petition while the Andhra Pradesh High Court rserved its orders on his quash petition.
The MP has challenged his arrest in the disproportionate assets case.
The high court also reserved orders on the Central Bureau of Investigation’s petition, seeking Jagan’s custody for 10 days.
The high court, after hearing arguments on both petitions, posted to Saturday its orders.
The CBI counsel sought Jagan’s custody, saying he is the number one accused and has all the information about the financial dealings and investments into his companies.
The agency dismissed Jagan’s allegation that his arrest was a political conspiracy.
It submitted to the court that it arrested Jagan only after it found evidence against him. The CBI said it has no political grudge against Jagan.
The agency while opposing quash petition said Jagan, if released on bail, could tamper with the evidence and influence the witnesses.
Meanwhile, the CBI special court dismissed Jagan’s bail petition. The court ruled that he can’t be granted bail merely on the ground that he is a MP.
Jagan’s counsel had pleaded for at least interim bail till June 10 so that he can campaign for his party in the June 12 by-elections to one Lok Sabha and 18 assembly seats.
Judge A. Pullaiah agreed with the CBI that the accused, if released on bail, can influence witnesses.
The CBI arrested Jagan May 27 and the next day the CBI court sent him to judicial custody till June 11.
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Court reserves order on Jagan bail plea - Jun 28, 2012
- Court rejects Jagan aide's plea for laptop in jail (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Court posts orders on Jagan's bail plea to Friday - May 31, 2012
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Jagan's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Court dismisses Jagan's bail plea - Jun 01, 2012
- Hearing on Jagan's bail plea adjourned to May 31 - May 29, 2012
- CBI seeks court's nod for narco test on Jagan - Jun 11, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days in assets case (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBI seeks Jagan's custody for 14 days (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI to question Jagan for two more days - Jun 08, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan for questioning May 25 - May 23, 2012
Tags: allegation, andhra pradesh high court, assembly seats, assets, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, congress party, court reserves, financial dealings, grudge, jagan, judicial custody, Lok Sabha, mp, party leader, petition, petitions, political conspiracy, ysr