Jagan’s aide again released on bailApril 30th, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 30 (IANS) A special court has again granted bail to Vijay Sai Reddy, an aide of YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, in the latter’s illegal assets case.
The second additional CBI court Monday granted conditional bail to Vijay Sai Reddy, directing him not to leave Hyderabad and to cooperate with the investigating agency.
Justice Nagamurthi Sarma also dismissed the CBI plea to suspend the bail verdict for three days.
Following the court order, Vijay Sai Reddy was released from Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The same judge, on April 13 had granted bail but it was cancelled by the Andhra Pradesh High Court April 20. The high court had also asked the lower court to hear the arguments of both the parties afresh. Following this, Vijay Sai Reddy surrendered before the CBI court April 23.
Vijay Sai Reddy’s counsel Susheel Kumar argued that he was not a conspirator in the case and was eligible for bail since a chargesheet had already been filed.
Vijay Sai was arrested by the CBI Jan 2 and he is the number two accused in the chargesheet filed by the investigating agency in March.
The vice-president of Jagati Publications Private limited (JPPl), owned by Jaganmohan Reddy is also an auditor in many other companies of the MP.
The CBI had booked Jaganmohan Reddy and 72 companies and individuals in August last year on the directions of the high court.
According to the investigating agency, Jaganmohan Reddy conspired with his father and then chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out several favours to certain companies in return for the investments they made into his businesses.
Vijay Sai Reddy is the only person arrested in this case.
- Andhra high court cancels Jagan aide's bail - Apr 20, 2012
- CBI files second charge sheet in Jagan assets case - Apr 23, 2012
- Jagan aide Vijay Sai Reddy gets bail - Apr 13, 2012
- Jagan's aide remanded in CBI custody till Jan 9 - Jan 04, 2012
- High court refuses to cancel Jagan aide's bail (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- CBI seeks custody of two officials in Jagan's assets case - Feb 14, 2012
- Jagan aide's judicial custody extended - Feb 21, 2012
- Court rejects Jagan aide's plea for laptop in jail (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Jagan aide's judicial remand extended till Jan 31 - Jan 17, 2012
- CBI grills Vijay Sai in Jagan's assets case - Jan 05, 2012
- Court rejects CBI plea for narco test on Jagan aide (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Jagan's aide Vijay Sai Reddy to be produced in court Tuesday - Jan 03, 2012
- CBI arrests Jaganmohan Redddy's aide - Jan 03, 2012
- CBI seeks court nod for Jagan aide's narco test - Jan 25, 2012
- Jagan aide's CBI custody extended till Jan 17 - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, assets, cbi court, central jail, chief minister, congress party, conspirator, favours, investigating agency, investments, jagan, mp, party leader, plea, sarma, vice president, ysr