Jagannath Mishra likely to join RJDMarch 23rd, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 23 (IANS) Former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra is likely to join the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD).
Mishra and RJD leader Lalu Prasad held an hour-long meeting here Monday, a day after Mishra’s son Nitish Mishra resigned from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s council of ministers.
Once a veteran Congressman, Mishra senior sounded upbeat after meeting Lalu Prasad. “It was a fruitful discussion,” Mishra said.
Mishra junior resigned Sunday both from the Janata Dal-United and as the minister of state for disaster management.
Jagannath Mishra said his son wanted to protest against the JD-U’s alleged neglect of Brahmins. The JD-U has not given a single seat to Brahmins.
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- Lalu Prasad loyalist leaves RJD - Jul 22, 2011
- NDA won't win in Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 20, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish hits poll trail on Diwali, rivals in festive spirit - Nov 05, 2010
- Jagannath Mishra quits JD-U - Mar 30, 2009
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- Jharkhand poll result: Lalu upbeat, Nitish unhappy - Dec 24, 2009
- Lalu, Nitish Kumar to miss Holi celebrations - Mar 19, 2011
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Nitish should snap ties with BJP: growing murmurs in JD-U - Jun 13, 2010
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- Will support Nitish, but introspect reasons for defeat: Lalu, Paswan - Nov 24, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010