Jagan to appear before CBI todayMay 25th, 2012 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 25 (IANS) YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy will appear before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) here Friday amid speculation that he would be arrested in connection with the corruption cases against him.
The MP from Kadapa would be appearing before the CBI a day after Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkataramna was arrested in the same case.
Police have made elaborate security arrangements around Dilkusha Guest House, the camp office of the CBI, where Jaganmohan Reddy would be questioned.
Jagan, as the son of late chief minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy is popularly known, would be leaving his residence at Lotus Pond in the posh Banjara Hills for Dilkusha Guest House amid tight security.
A large number of Jagan’s supporters had gathered at his residence to show solidarity with him.
Police have imposed restrictions on movement of traffic around the guest house located on the busy Raj Bhavan road.
Police have also imposed a prohibitory order, banning the assembly of five or more persons in and around Hyderabad. Such orders were also imposed in Jagan’s native district Kadapa and several other places in the state to prevent any untoward incident.
Jagan is accused of conspiring with his father to dole out favours to companies which invested in his businesses in a quid pro quo arrangement.
- Jagan appears before CBI team amid tight security (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for over 7 hours, to continue questioning Saturday (Evening Lead) - May 25, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- CBI begins grilling Jagan for second day - May 26, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Jagan to be produced in court Monday - May 28, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan in illegal wealth case (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan's graft case (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
Tags: banjara hills, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, corruption cases, excise, favours, guest house, jagan, kadapa, lotus pond, party leader, raj bhavan road, security arrangements, solidarity, speculation, tight security, untoward incident, ysr