Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4June 25th, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 25 (IANS) A special court in Andhra Pradesh Monday extended the judicial custody of YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy till July 4 in the illegal assets case.
The Kadapa MP appeared before the court through video linkage from the Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The CBI court Saturday dismissed a petition by Jagan seeking permission to personally appear in the court.
The son of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy was arrested by the CBI May 27. The next day the court sent him to jail.
Meanwhile, all the accused barring one IAS officer named in the third chargesheet in the case appeared in the court.
The court adjourned the hearing to June 28 as Srikakulam district collector Venkatrami Reddy could not appear.
The court also adjourned hearing on the bail petition of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, who is also lodged in jail along Jagan, former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana and bureaucrat Brahmananda Reddy.
Jagan is accused of conspiring with his father and then chief minister Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out favours to various companies in return for the investments they made in his firms.
The MP, one of the richest politicians in India, and 72 others were booked by the CBI last year on the direction of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Court posts orders on Jagan's bail plea to Friday - May 31, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- ED plea to quiz Jagan: Court decision July 6 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Court order July 6 on ED plea to quiz - Jul 02, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day, summons two aides - Jun 05, 2012
- Court allows ED to question Jagan for 14 days - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, bureaucrat, cbi court, central jail, chief minister, congress party, favours, hyderabad, industrialist, jagan, judicial custody, july 4, kadapa, linkage, mp, party leader, petition, prasad, richest politicians, ysr