Jagan asked to make personal appearance in courtMay 21st, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 21 (IANS) A special court Monday dismissed a petition seeking exemption for YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy from personal appearance in the court on May 28.
The special court for Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) cases made it clear that the Kadapa MP would have to make a personal appearance in the case relating to his alleged illegal assets.
The court has already issued summons to Jagan and 12 other accused to appear on the court with regard to the first charge sheet.
Though Jagan initially said he would personally appear in the court, his counsel moved a petition seeking exemption. The judge, however, said since this was the first appearance, the accused would have to make a personal appearance.
Meanwhile, the court also adjourned the hearing on the petition by another accused and Jagan’s aide Vijay Sai Reddy, seeking cancellation of the summons. The petitioner argued that summons should not be issued till the investigation into the case was completed.
The court heard the arguments and posted the matter for orders on May 28.
The CBI has so far filed three charge sheets in the case. Vijay Sai Reddy sought that no summons be issued till all the charge sheets were filed.
- CBI summons Jagan for questioning May 25 - May 23, 2012
- Court refuses anticipatory bail to Jagan - May 24, 2012
- CBI files second charge sheet in Jagan assets case - Apr 23, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended, complains of 'insult' (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- 11 get bail in Jagan's illegal assets case - May 28, 2012
- CBI court summons Jaganmohan Reddy - May 08, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days in assets case (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBI serves summons on Jaganmohan Reddy - May 14, 2012
- Hyderabad tense over Jagan's possible arrest - May 24, 2012
- Court dismisses CBI plea for Jagan's narco test (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Court reserves order on Jagan bail plea - Jun 28, 2012
- Andhra high court cancels Jagan aide's bail - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: assets, cancellation, cbi, central bureau of investigation, charge sheets, congress party, first appearance, hyderabad, jagan, kadapa, mp, party leader, personal appearance, petition, petitioner, regard, summons, vijay, ysr