J&K; wants anti-Islam video blockedSeptember 14th, 2012 - 11:16 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 14 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government has asked the central government to block access to an anti-Islam video posted on YouTube, saying that it can potentially cause a law and order problem in the state.
“We have approached the central government asking them to block the ‘Innocence of Muslims’ video on YouTube, as it can cause a law and order problem in the state,” Home Commissioner B.R. Sharma told IANS here Friday.
The film made in the US and uploaded on video-sharing website YouTube has caused world-wide furore among Muslims and drawn anti-US protests in several countries including Yemen, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Israel, Iran and Iraq.
- Protests erupt against blasphemous video in Srinagar - Sep 14, 2012
- Pakistan blocks over 700 anti-Islam YouTube links - Sep 17, 2012
- US warns of more violence over anti-Islam video - Sep 14, 2012
- Protests erupt in J&K; against anti-Islam video (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Russia may block YouTube over anti-Islam video - Sep 18, 2012
- Russian telecom operator blocks YouTube - Sep 20, 2012
- Kashmir shuts to protest anti-Islam video - Sep 18, 2012
- Bihar's new tool to fight corruption - YouTube - Aug 26, 2011
- Clinton terms anti-Islam video 'disgusting' - Sep 14, 2012
- US on alert as protests over anti-Islam video spread (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012