J. D. Hayworth challenges John McCain in his reelection battleFebruary 16th, 2010 - 10:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Arizona, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) J.D. Hayworth is all set to challenge John McCain for his reelection to the Senate. There is going to be a good showdown between the two stalwarts, and it looks like this will be John McCain’s toughest reelection battle till date.
JD Hayworth is a conservative talk-radio host, and he is launching his Senate bid with a rally in Phoenix. The rally would be followed by a 3 day statewide tour. He also has the backing of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who is well known for his tough stand on the illegal immigration, and conservative commentator Pat Buchanan. Hayworth says that he is more reliable than John McCain ‘who can’t be trusted to support Republican values’.
John McCain is also not taking things lying down, and he also plans to start his campaign from Monday. A group of mayors are also supporting him, and they will announce their support for him at the American Legion lodge in Tempe. John McCain’s supporters include the ‘Going Rogue’ author Sarah Palin and recently elected Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown. They will campaign for John McCain in Arizona next month. McCain also has the support of Arizona’s GOP congressional delegation, including Rep. Trent Franks.
- Senator John McCain Challenged By John David Hayworth - Feb 16, 2010
- McCain recruits Palin to defend Arizona seat - Feb 16, 2010
- Former Florida Governor Bush endorses Senator John McCain for re-election - Mar 11, 2010
- Radio host may give tough competition to McCain - Nov 25, 2009
- Sarah Palin To Help Senator John McCain To Raise Fund - Jan 22, 2010
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- I never considered myself a maverick: McCain - Apr 15, 2010
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- The Justice Department Of America Sues The Sheriff Of The Maricopa County In Arizona - Sep 03, 2010
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Palin raising cash for McCain by offering donors chance to get clicked with her - Mar 09, 2010
- McCain endorsed by two former Arizona governors - Feb 20, 2010
- Obama heading for political trench warfare between 2010 and 2012 - Nov 14, 2010
- Sarah Palin all set to help john McCain - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: american legion, congressional delegation, conservative commentator, illegal immigration, j d hayworth, jd hayworth, john mccain, legion lodge, maricopa county sheriff, maricopa county sheriff joe arpaio, pat buchanan, radio host, reelection, republican values, sarah palin, sheriff joe arpaio, stalwarts, statewide tour, talk radio, trent franks