It’s time for healing: PM to Assam victimsJuly 28th, 2012 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 28 (IANS) Sharing the “pain” of victims of Assam’s ethnic riots, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday said it was now “time for healing” and assured them of government help to meet their needs.
Singh, who reached Kokrajhar earlier in the day to visit relief camps for victims of the clashes between Bodos and Muslims, also appealed to the people of the state to shun recriminations and to help rehabilitation and foster peace.
“I have come here to share your sorrow and pain. This is a time for healing,” the prime minister said in his interactions with the media following a visit to a relief camp where around 1,500 people driven out of their homes by rioters are staying.
“This is no time for recriminations. We need first to help the people to rehabilitate and bring peace,” he added.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- It's time for healing: PM tells Assam victims (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- PM calls for end to Assam violence, assures proper probe (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- PM appeals for peace in Assam, assures proper probe, rehabilitation (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Assam is sitting on time bomb: Ravi Shankar - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonia, Shinde visit violence-hit Assam areas - Aug 13, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Kokrajhar, Chirang; reviews security - Jul 30, 2012
- More paramilitary forces readied for Assam - Jul 28, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam's violence-hit areas - Sep 08, 2012
- Tension in Assam, PM may visit Saturday, toll 41 (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Fresh violence in Kokrajhar, three killed - Aug 07, 2012
- Central team visits riot-hit Assam areas, reviews security - Aug 21, 2012
- No fresh violence in Assam's Bodo areas, toll 45 - Jul 27, 2012
- Centre reviews situation in Assam - Aug 28, 2012
- PM, Sonia arrive in Guwahati, leave for Kokrajhar - Jul 28, 2012
- Chopper carrying PM returns due to bad weather (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: anup, asian news, assam, bodos, clashes, foster peace, indo, manmohan, manmohan singh, muslims, ncb, news service, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, recriminations, relief camps, rioters, riots, sorrow and pain