Issues with party have been resolved: Kabir SumanNovember 20th, 2009 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 20 (IANS) Noted Bengali singer Kabir Suman, a Trinamool Congress MP, Friday said all issues with the party following his criticism had been resolved and described himself as a “party slave”.
“The matter has been resolved,” Suman told reporters after a meeting with senior Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chattapadhyay.
“We had a very fruitful and open discussion on the issue. I have conveyed everything to my respected party colleague Partha Chattapadhyay,” Suman said.
Suman had caused embarrassment to the party with his remarks earlier that he did not see any difference between West Bengal’s ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) and the opposition in misusing funds allocated for the development of the poor.
He expressed willingness to resign from the Lok Sabha membership.
Suman along with a section of city intellectuals Friday gathered at writer-activist Mahasweta Devi’s south Kolkata residence to resolve the issue. Partha Chattopadhyay was also present at the meeting.
“I came to talk to Suman as a representative of Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee. I’ll convey to her whatever Kabir Suman has said. I never came to resolve any matter as there was no problem between us at all,” Chattopadhyay claimed.
Suman contested from South 24-Parganas’s Jadavpur constituency and became an MP trouncing CPI-M heavyweight Sujan Chakraborty in the April-May general elections this year.
- Kabir Suman has right to air his view: Mamata Banerjee - Nov 16, 2009
- Both CPI-M, Trinamool misusing funds: Kabir Suman - Nov 16, 2009
- I want to resign from Lok Sabha, says Trinamool's singer MP - Nov 17, 2009
- Kabir Suman's resignation on hold at Mahasweta Devi's behest - Apr 01, 2010
- Trinamool old guard defends turf against new entrants - Jan 01, 2012
- Journalist beaten allegedly by Trinamool supporters - Feb 28, 2012
- Trinamool cooperated with Maoists in Nandigram: Party MP - Jan 08, 2011
- CPI-M ex-MP says supporters, driver attacked in Bengal - Jun 08, 2012
- Mahasweta Devi condemns assaults on principals - Jan 12, 2012
- I have no relation with Trinamool Congress : Kabir Suman - Aug 10, 2010
- Kabir Suman not to resign - Apr 07, 2010
- Trinamool MP criticises Mamata, questions 'change' in Bengal - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Insulted' Kabir Suman tells Mamata he is quitting Lok Sabha, party (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2010
- Trinamool leader killed in southern Bengal district - Mar 31, 2012
- Mamata showed haste on Singur, says Kabir Suman - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: bengali, chakraborty, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leader, constituency, CPI, general elections, intellectuals, jadavpur, kabir suman, kolkata, Lok Sabha, mamata, partha, railway minister, ruling communist party, s south, trinamool congress, west bengal