Israel is cancerous tumour: AhmadinejadAugust 17th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 17 (IANS/AKI) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Friday said Israel was an “insult to humanity” and compared the country to a “cancerous tumour” that must be stopped before it spreads.
Ahmadinejad’s comments were made to worshippers at Tehran University to mark the last day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, Iran’s Fars news agency reported.
In Iran, the last Friday of Ramadan, known as Quds, is recognised as a day of protest against Israel in support of Palestinians.
Israel considers Iran a threat. News of possible military strikes against Iran’s nuclear programme has recently emerged.
Ahmadinejad said Quds was a day “of unity of all people to remove the Zionist cancerous tumour from society. Today we will oppose the Zionist entity and regime to protect human rights and defend human dignity”.
- Ban condemns Ahmadinejad's anti-Israel statement - Aug 18, 2012
- Ahmadinejad predicts failure of Mideast talks - Sep 03, 2010
- Drug trafficker executed in Iran - Dec 13, 2011
- Iranians to form human chain around nuclear site - Nov 14, 2011
- Ahmadinejad threatens to send US to the 'morgue' - Jul 21, 2011
- Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei praises unrest in Egypt, Tunisia - Feb 05, 2011
- Masters degree must for Iran's lawmakers - Apr 29, 2011
- Iranian 'adultress' to be executed Wednesday - Nov 02, 2010
- Ahmadinejad promises Hamas continued support against Israel - Dec 14, 2009
- Iran's president says Holocaust 'fairy tale' - Sep 18, 2009
- EU condemns Ahmadinejad's comments on Holocaust - Sep 21, 2009
- Palestinians chastise Ahmadinejad over Mideast talks remarks - Sep 05, 2010
- Ahmadinejad invites Morsi to non-aligned meet in Iran - Jul 06, 2012
- Mubarak's exit will see emergence of new Middle East: Iran's Ahmadinejad - Feb 12, 2011
- Iran willing to talk about nuclear programme: EU - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: day of unity, dg, fars news agency, holy month of ramadan, human dignity, insult, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, last friday, mahmoud ahmadinejad, military strikes, month of ramadan, muslim holy, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, quds, ramadan, tehran university, threat news, worshippers, zionist entity