Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dogDecember 15th, 2008 - 2:37 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Dec 15 (Xinhua) An Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at visiting US President George W. Bush and called him a “dog” during a news conference in Baghdad Sunday. The man, a reporter with Baghdadiya television, was overpowered by Iraqi security officials and US secret service agent and was dragged out of the conference room where Bush was speaking to reporters along with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.
The reporter threw two of his shoes at Bush but missed the target. The incident created chaos in the hall in Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone.
The outgoing US president arrived in Baghdad early Sunday on a “farewell” visit to Iraq before he leaves office in January.
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
- Bush arrives in Afghanistan after eventful Iraqi visit - Dec 15, 2008
- Biden pays surprise visit to Iraq - Nov 30, 2011
- Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him 'dog' (Lead) - Dec 15, 2008
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist released - Sep 15, 2009
- Iraq marks first Army Day - Jan 07, 2012
- US troops to pull out from Iraq by 2011 end - Oct 22, 2011
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Shoe throwing Iraqi journalist's release from jail postponed by a day - Sep 14, 2009
- Bush shoe-thrower sentenced to three years in prison (Lead) - Mar 12, 2009
- Last US troops out of Iraq (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Iraqi shoe thrower freed, alleges he was tortured with electric shocks - Sep 15, 2009
- 23 protesters killed in Iraq's 'Day of Rage' - Feb 26, 2011
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist's trial adjourned - Feb 19, 2009
- Iraq to help in solving Syrian crisis - Jul 11, 2012