Iranians to form human chain around nuclear siteNovember 14th, 2011 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Nov 14 (IANS/AKI) Thousands of Iranians will form a human chain around a nuclear site to protect what they say is their country’s “peaceful nuclear programme”, state media reported Monday.
The demonstration is being planned at the Uranium Conversion Facility near Isfahan city, 350 km from Tehran, the Fars news agency said.
It would be a protest against the recent International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report that said Iran’s nuclear programme is more ambitious than previously known.
Iran has dismissed the report, reiterating its claim that the nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes like energy and research.
- IAEA demands access to Iranian military site - Sep 10, 2012
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
- Iran says can produce nuclear fuel - Jan 08, 2011
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran accuses US of pressuring IAEA - Nov 06, 2011
- UN chief calls for diplomatic solution to Iranian n-issue - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- UN chief stresses diplomacy to solve Iran N-standoff - Nov 11, 2011
- IAEA to meet Iran over access to n-site - Jun 04, 2012
- Iran uses new machines to enrich uranium: IAEA - Aug 10, 2010
- IAEA wants Iran to comply without delay on n-issue - Sep 14, 2012
- France calls for stronger sanctions against Iran - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: aki, atomic energy agency, conversion facility, demonstration, dg, fars news agency, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iran, iranians, isfahan city, peaceful purposes, protest, tehran, uranium conversion